Hollister CalciCare™ Calcium Alginate (2 inch by 2 inch) is a sterile, reinforced non-woven alginate dressing which is composed of high G (guluronic acid) calcium/sodium alginate. Highly absorbent with an improved wet strength, it is effective against a broad spectrum of microorganisms.
Main features of the CalciCare 2x2 inch Calcium Alginate Dressing:
- Soft, conformable, and fast gelling.
- Reduces odor.
- It is very easy to use as it stays intact even while saturated.
- Effective anti-microbial agent.
- It helps maintains a moist environment which is ideal for healing wounds.
- Highly absorbent dressing for highly exuding wound.
- It reduces cost in the long run by being more absorbent, which requires fewer changes and less nursing time.
- Wound healing is also facilitated by autolytic debridement.
- Hemostatic properties may assist in supporting the control of minor bleeding in superficial wounds.
- Reinforced for intact removal.
- Size: 2" x 2"
- Comes in a box of 10.